Cheesy Egg Casserole
This dish is perfect for potlucks because it looks so pretty on the table and, best of all, it can be made ahead of time. Although I don't live in the country, my family and I love the country flavor of this hearty egg and cheese casserole. —Dawn Reeve, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Toss Monterey Jack cheese with flour; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese; sprinkle with bacon. Beat eggs and milk; pour over all. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 382 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 235mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Mar 26, 2011
This is definitely cheesy! Next time I might try sausage in place of the bacon. I'm sure you could add just about any of your favorite breakfast add-ins.
Jul 26, 2009
Fantastic. Vary Cheesey but not runny