Mexican Zucchini Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, oil, salt and pepper. Add the zucchini, jalapeno and onion; stir to coat. Stir in biscuit mix and cheese.
- Pour into a 15-oz. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 185 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 21, 2018
I love this recipe! Easy, quick and delicious! It is incorrect saying 2 servings, I eat it all by myself. I'm a skinny little thing, so you might need to quadruple it for 2.
Aug 17, 2017
This is like a zucchini pancake recipe put into a casserole only easier. I used less baking mix and just the egg white. Will make this often.
Jun 10, 2013
I just made this tonight for dinner and it was delicious! I'm not a fan of spicy foods so I omitted the jalapeno pepper. Next time I might put in a little more cheese since I feel almost everything could use a little more!
Aug 9, 2010
wonderful , fast and easy.
Aug 9, 2010
Small servings for 2. I doubled it and served 3. Tasty, not too spicy. Perfect weeknight vegetarian dinner.
Jul 8, 2010
I did not shred the zucchini but instead cut them into small wedges.I also doubled the amount of cheese called for. I let the casserole bake 5 minutes longer.