Mexican Zucchini Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, oil, salt and pepper. Add the zucchini, jalapeno and onion; stir to coat. Stir in biscuit mix and cheese.
- Pour into a 15-oz. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 185 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2018
I love this recipe! Easy, quick and delicious! It is incorrect saying 2 servings, I eat it all by myself. I'm a skinny little thing, so you might need to quadruple it for 2.
Aug 17, 2017
This is like a zucchini pancake recipe put into a casserole only easier. I used less baking mix and just the egg white. Will make this often.
Jun 10, 2013
I just made this tonight for dinner and it was delicious! I'm not a fan of spicy foods so I omitted the jalapeno pepper. Next time I might put in a little more cheese since I feel almost everything could use a little more!
Aug 9, 2010
wonderful , fast and easy.
Aug 9, 2010
Small servings for 2. I doubled it and served 3. Tasty, not too spicy. Perfect weeknight vegetarian dinner.
Jul 8, 2010
I did not shred the zucchini but instead cut them into small wedges.I also doubled the amount of cheese called for. I let the casserole bake 5 minutes longer.