Potluck Summer Squash and Zucchini Side Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, tomato and garlic, saute 4-5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 26, 2013
We added parmesan cheese at the end. It added a nice flavor to it.
May 3, 2010
I love this. I made only about 1/3 of it except I still used a whole tomato. Yummy, easy, and healthy. Can't beat that combination. It would be great with lemon or lime juice or southwest or steak seasoning also for variety. Would be great with grilled steaks, chicken, or chops as well. Will make over and over.