Summer Squash Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 18 cups sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash (about 6 pounds)
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups sour cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) crushed stuffing mix
- In a Dutch oven, saute squash, carrots and onions in 6 tablespoons butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in soup and sour cream. Melt the remaining butter; add to stuffing mix. Gently stir into the squash mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until stuffing is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 188 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 16, 2017
EXCELLENT!!! Made this last night for dinner and the family gobbled it up. Just added some fresh garlic that was the only thing I changed. Will be making again and again!
Aug 1, 2015
Really Good! I have never been a fan of yellow summer squash but since a friend gave us a whole lot of it I decided to try this recipe. I brought it to our Sunday Family Dinner. Everyone loved it.
Aug 17, 2014
My family loves zucchini so we plant a garden full. We are always on the lookout for new recipes. This one was an instant winner. I love how it incorporates summer squash and carrots and no added salt. Easy to make and easy to make ahead.
Aug 3, 2014
This's is a great recipe to use summer's bounty for! I wanted to cut this down to 1/3 of a recipe, but forgot & only halved the carrots & onion, so my batch had more other veggies than intended, but it was really pretty & really tasty! I used about 1/2 zucchini & 1/2 yellow squash. I also sprinkle just a few crushed Ritz crackers on the tip before baking, just as a visual thing.
May 24, 2013
Perfect for potlucks. 1/3 does nicely for hungry 8.
Dec 23, 2011
Made this for a potluck lunch at work and it was a huge hit! I got lots of requests for the recipe. This is also a great side dish for the holidays.
Nov 3, 2011
Made this several times. I have been asked for this recipe every time it has been served.
May 18, 2010
No I haven't made this yet, although it looks wonderfully tasty. But I think I'll have to cut the recipe down to 1/3 the size for the 2 of us... with leftovers, yum!