- 5 small yellow summer squash, seeded and cubed
- 2 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute squash and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender; return all to the pan. Stir in cream and heat through.
1 cup: 278 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.