Zucchini Pork Chop Supper
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned cubed stuffing mix, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Water or additional milk
- In a large bowl, combine two-thirds of the stuffing mix with butter; place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In another large bowl, combine the zucchini, carrots, soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; spoon over stuffing. Sprinkle remaining buttered stuffing on top.
- Crush remaining stuffing mix; place in a shallow bowl. Place water or milk in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in water or milk, then roll in stuffing crumbs.
- Place pork on top of stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until pork chops are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 559 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1583mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 5, 2015
If too moist, omit the milk. Zucchini adds plenty of water. This is also the recipe for Chicken Zucchini Casserole. Substitute 2 cups shredded chicken for pork chops and cream of chicken soup for the celery soup.
Dec 8, 2012
My mom got me a taste of home quick n easy recipe book. The inside out cabbage rolls were fantastic so I decided to try this. Yuck! It didn't even get done. I don't know who came up with it but it's so bland. Tastes like prison food. The only good thing I learned was pork chops breaded in stuffing mix is pretty good.
Feb 24, 2012
I thought it was pretty good, the pork chops turned out perfect..i thought it was a little bland , but my boyfriend ate the leftovers the next day too and he said that it was actually better the second day ..the flavors blended better..maybe the soup part should be made ahead of time and chilled? I'd make it again
Jan 16, 2010
The pork chops turned out good but there was to much soup in with the vegetables but it tastes good. Maybe more stuffing should be added.