Squash and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- Combine lemon juice and honey; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add squash, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli, celery and onion; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and quickly toss with the honey mixture. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 113 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2014
Did not like at all! Husband would not eat.
Sep 5, 2012
This was a smash hit with my boyfriend. I omitted the sunflower kernels and added more lemon to the recipe. I ended up cooking the mix longer than stated, though I had a bit more squash than was called for. I highly recommend this recipe!
May 22, 2012
Excellent. I only had yellow squash and I like it cooked longer and omitted sunflower seeds. Will make again.
Jan 26, 2012
I am totally in love with butternut squash! This recipe is fantastic! Try it!