Summer Squash Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups pattypan squash, halved
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and milk. Stir in the chicken, squash, onion, pimientos, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and cooked rice.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is set.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Feb 25, 2015
Just made this for dinner. Adjusted it a little by adding a zucchini, substituting 1/2 chopped pepper for the pimento, and mozarella for the parmesan cheese. My family loved it---even my husband who doesn't like vegetables! It made a huge casserole, and they finished the whole thing! (I was looking forward to leftovers :( ) Will be making this one again.
Oct 5, 2012
Even better warmed up the next day!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.