Hot Fruit and Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked pork sausage links
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage according to package directions; drain. Add pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon; heat through. Stir in banana just before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 261 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 6, 2011
It was a nice change from regular sausage links. I prefer maple flavored sausage for my breakfast, so next time I think I will omit the brown sugar and cinnamon and add maple syrup instead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.