Sausage and Sauerkraut Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, sauerkraut and sugar to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; add to skillet with cheese. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 281 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 3, 2014
Very Good. Even my daughter enjoyed the meal.
Jan 17, 2014
This was wonderful!!! The only change I made was using hot Italian pork sausage instead of the regular sausage. I didn't even add salt or pepper. My family and friends loved it! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!
Sep 27, 2011
I tried this recipe last night and it was very bland. It might have been better if I added more spices to it but it wasn't bad.
Feb 16, 2011
I added about 1/4 cup tomato sauce to prevent it from getting dried out in the oven. A more unusual casserole, but I had leftover sauerkraut to use. It tasted good, though my kids were not crazy about it.