Sausage Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 35 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 350 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Apr 24, 2019
We love this recipe. From the start I followed the recipe but added broccoli. Now I add garlic while cooking the sausage and onion. As I’m layering I also add a little Monterrey jack cheese and cheddar, and then I add more to the top at the end. My husband kids always love it!
Mar 27, 2019
I eliminate the cheese, substitute cream of celery soup, add 2 cups of celery and cook it in a pressure cooker for 5 min. One of my go to quick meals.
Nov 4, 2017
This was really good. Just didn't have enough to make the multiple layers, which is on par for most layered recipes, but it still tasted great. Will double recipe to make the multiple layers next time.
Sep 5, 2017
this is my husbands and i ultimate favorite dish
Feb 27, 2017
A hearty dish that is simple and easy to make! I added in some mushrooms and garlic while cooking the sausage.
Oct 1, 2016
perfect for fall
Sep 3, 2016
Have made this many times. I always have to double it cause they eat it like crazy
Jul 28, 2015
Simple & easy!
Jun 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing this very tasty recipe! The only thing I added was a little sour cream to the soup. I make this with the sausage for breakfast, and ground beef for a delicious supper casserole. Yummy!! Either way, it's wonderful!
Jan 11, 2014
We love this dish. The only change I make is using cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom.