Mashed Potato Sausage Bake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add sour cream and broth; beat on low speed until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Spread half of the potato mixture into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with sausage mixture and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese, parsley and oregano.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 255 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2018
I added some garlic salt to the mashed potatoes, so strange to see a recipe without any salt in it. I mean, I know the sausage has salt, but still, the idea of mashed potatoes without any salt just seemed weird. But I was very happy with the result, it was very good.
Nov 9, 2016
This was delicious! I used hot smoked sausage instead of Kielbasa because I like spicy foods, but I can see this being delicious with any sort of sausage. Good quick hearty meal! Will definitely make again
Mar 2, 2010
This was really good! The mashed potatoes in it are delicious. I skipped the mushrooms, as my family doesn't eat them, but it turned out great. I like turkey kielbasa a lot, so I like finding different recipes with it. I'm sure you could use regular kielbasa if you choose.
Feb 27, 2009
This is a new favorite of ours! I made it tonight for dinner and my husband loved it! I subbed kielbasa for Cheddarwurst and it was great! BIG THUMBS UP FOR THIS RECIPE!