- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 12 ounces mild link sausage, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Unroll one tube of the rolls; press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11x7-in. baking pan to form a crust. Seal perforations. Sprinkle sausage over crust. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add mushrooms. Spoon over sausage. Top with cheeses and pimientos. In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder; pour over all. Unroll second tube of rolls; seal perforations. Cut dough lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Use strips to form a lattice crust over top of quiche. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes; cover loosely with foil if browning too quickly. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 328 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 868mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.