Warm-You-Up Sausage Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makes2 quiches (6-8 servings each)
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Green and sweet red pepper strips, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, beat eggs, cheeses, flour, butter and baking powder. Stir in mushrooms, onion, chilies and sausage.
- Transfer to two greased 9-in. round baking dishes (dishes will be full). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 375° for 33-38 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish with pepper strips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 325 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 5, 2018
Pretty tasty. I sauteed the mushrooms and onions with the sausage for extra flavor.
Apr 19, 2014
This is one of my favorite recipes. I make as directed, but for the 2nd quiche, I add spinach. I also use the refrigerated roll-out pie crust.
Sep 29, 2013
Made as written. Needed an additional 10 minutes in the oven.
Jul 5, 2012
Delicious!!! Have made this numerous times. I leave out the veggies because my family does not care for them and bake in a 9x13 pan for about 45 min or till knife comes out clean. Many compliments on this one and someone always asks for the recipe.
Dec 22, 2010
I have been making this quiche since Taste of Home first published it many years ago. It is our family's favorite and now my children's families make it for special occasions. You can make it up the night before and pop it in the over in the morning. Everyone loves it. If you don't want it spicy you can always replace the spicy sausage with mild. But we love the spicy. Great recipe
Oct 14, 2010
This is my go-to egg dish.
Dec 24, 2009
This is the recipe I make every Christmas morning. It is easy to prepare, very tasty and it feeds quite a few.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.