My mother passed down this broccoli quiche recipe to me. She has been making it for over 30 years. You can serve it for brunch, lunch and even dinner. Any leftover quiche can be frozen and reheated in the microwave later. —Bridget Corbett, Valdosta, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.+ standing
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, whisk the cream, eggs, mayonnaise, flour, broth, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir in the cheese and broccoli mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 622 calories, 53g fat (24g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Quiche in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Nov 23, 2017
Definitely not as good as some other, similar, recipes I have made. Won't make it again.
May 29, 2016
This was so yummy! Great flavor and consistency. Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.