Veggie Couscous Quiche
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups cooked couscous, cooled
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and onion salt. Add couscous and cheese; stir until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the broccoli, mushrooms, 1/2 cup cheese and nutmeg. Pour into crust. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with tomato, onions and remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 281 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2016
I thought this was a pretty good recipe! A great way to use leftover couscous! I didn't use the mushrooms but instead I steamed some baby carrots and cut them up. Also I used mozzarella instead of swiss (because it's what I had). I found the nutmeg was a bit of an odd addition. Lastly I would suggest adding some more salt. With a few tweaks, this is a good recipe! I'll be making this again.