Cheesy Broccoli and Ham Quiche
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place hash browns in a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until thawed. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and broccoli.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over ham mixture. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 283 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2017
This is beyond good. I used half and half cream instead of milk. I used a little less salt than called for and it's a good thing I did because the ham is very salty and this was almost too salty. Next time I'll use just 1/4t. I used equal parts mild cheddar cheese and mozzarella. I used part of a small pack of Hillshire Farms ham lunch meat, probably just 1/4 of the package and chopped it up. I used a lot more broccoli and I precooked it in the microwave.I didn't microwave this like the recipe said to. I baked it instead on 350 degrees F for 28 minutes. Your quiche is done when a knife that's been inserted in the center comes out clean.I think it would be best if you thawed the hash browns in a microwave-safe bowl then pressed them into a nonstick foil-lined pie plate because the hash browns stick to the glass plate a little. I also think an extra 1c. of shredded hash browns is needed.
Jul 6, 2012
Perfect, easy summer meal.
Nov 17, 2011
This was very good! I sprinkled seasoning salt on the potatoes after the first 3 minutes to give them a little taste. The quiche turned out a little rubbery, but it was delicious! I am going to try to make it in the oven next time!
Oct 15, 2011
I add diced green pepper, diced red pepper, sliced scallions, quartered cherry tomatoes, and shredded carrot to increase the vegetable content in this dish. Adding these vegetables usually increases the volume to enough for 29-inch pie plates. I cook them both and cool the extra one, slip it into a 1 gallon plastic freezer bag, and freeze for use within 1 month.
Dec 16, 2008
Just made this. It's really good and so easy! I didn't have the dried minced onion, so I substituted with half teaspoonof onion powder.