Ham & Broccoli Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- Preheat broiler. In a bowl, whisk eggs, pepper and salt. Stir in 1 cup cheese and ham.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cook and stir until tender. Reduce heat to low; pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 321 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 374mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
May 23, 2013
We thought it was really really good. Going to try mushrooms next time.
Apr 24, 2013
This looks great - need to try it soon!
May 11, 2012
wonderful--full of flavor and I don't care for eggs--ah but this is great
Apr 30, 2012
Ended up making scrambled eggs with it because for some reason wasn't cooking right but it was delicious
Jan 6, 2012
I think asparagus would be a great substitute for the broccoli.
May 18, 2011
Very tasty and easy. I tweeked the recipe with 1/2 cupe diced onion and when I make it again, I'm going to coat the bottom of the pan with non-stick cooking spray to avoid the cheese sticking to the bottom on my stainless steel pan while cooking. This will be a family staple!
Sep 15, 2010
Yummy and easy! Gotta love it! :)
Oct 5, 2009
This was very good... I substituted cheddar since my girls aren't too fond of swiss, and used frozen cut broccoli which sped up the prep even more. A nice homey, hearty dish!
Sep 26, 2009
Very yummy and great for someone on a low carb diet. The only change I would make would be to add another tablespoon of butter to saute the broccoli in. One tablespoon wasn't enough to keep the broccoli from browning too much before cooking through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.