Ham and Broccoli Supper
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. water, broccoli and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer the rice, ham and broccoli mixture. Combine the soup, cheese and milk; spoon over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely crumble bread. In a small skillet, cook crumbs in butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Mar 4, 2017
Made it as directed. It was ok but nothing spectacular. I think I would have liked it better with chicken instead of ham.
Jan 23, 2016
We had some leftover smoked leg ham (we're in Australia) and I was looking for something new to do with it... I found this but was a little dubious. It was really tasty! I added some green beans as I didn't have a heap of broccoli. I also added some Adobe spice to it and I used a stuffing mix for the topping rather than plain bread. My husband was really impressed!
Sep 15, 2014
Made this exactly as written and it came out fine. Not dry at all. Very good recipe.
Apr 23, 2014
We used the cheese soup and Frenches dried onions on top, everyone loved it!
Apr 23, 2012
Made this for supper with the inlaws and it was a big hit! I double the recipe and increased the amount of milk to 1 cup since another reviewer said it was dry. I thought it was just perfect the way I made it. Before I sprinkled the topping on and baked the last few minutes, I stirred the casserole up - think that helped too with it not being dry
Sep 2, 2011
This recipe was just "okay" for us, nothing spectacular.
Mar 24, 2011
This was really tasty! My only complaint was that it was a tad dry so next time I will just add more liquid. We really liked it though!
Aug 12, 2010
My one-year-old who is a very picky eater ate it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.