Ham Mac and Cheese
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese, ham, cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, pimientos if desired, salt and mustard. Pour into a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 534 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1472mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2015
This was great. Didn't put onions or Pimentos in it just because I didn't have any. My husband loved it he had it for lunch and again for supper. We will have this again.
Jan 9, 2012
Feb 17, 2009
This is very good. Will make this again.
Jan 5, 2009
This is a good recipe and I plan to make it again. I think other cooked meats, such as chicken or turkey could be substituted for the ham.