Spinach Chicken Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the chicken if desired, 1/2 cup spinach, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper (save remaining spinach for another use). Add to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 207 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 13, 2011
I used chopped ham instead of chicken and it went very well with the spinach. Since I had frozen loose leaf spinach in a bag, I thawed just what I needed in the microwave. With the red and green, it would make a nice, easy Christmas breakfast.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.