Spinach Chicken Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the chicken if desired, 1/2 cup spinach, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper (save remaining spinach for another use). Add to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 207 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2011
I used chopped ham instead of chicken and it went very well with the spinach. Since I had frozen loose leaf spinach in a bag, I thawed just what I needed in the microwave. With the red and green, it would make a nice, easy Christmas breakfast.