Chicken Spinach Quiche
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese into the pastry shell. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup spinach, onion and remaining cheese (save remaining spinach for another use). Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 396 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 24, 2017
Perfect! Not only easy to prepare but turns out beautiful! Picture worthy quiche was excellent. Great recipe, perfect cooking time. To super-size a little I do use 3 eggs and entire box of spinach. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine, I like this recipe because it can be easily customized to my families tastes.
Aug 26, 2016
I made this last night. I made two changes...I used broccoli instead of spinach, because I already had it in my freezer and I made it crustless. It was very good.
Mar 3, 2015
After reading the reviews, I skipped the mayo, used 4 eggs, added some hot pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Since I had a deep dish pie crust, I increased the chicken to 2 cups. Using the convection function on my oven, this turned out beautifully browned and the family loved it. Will definitely make again!
Oct 8, 2014
I substituted broccoli for the spinach, cut back (just a little) on the mayo and used a combination of milk and half and half for the rest of the liquid. I also added a little Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper for additional flavor. My kids were sure they weren't going to like this...so they had seconds just to be sure. : ) Delicious!
Apr 11, 2014
how much chicken? don't see it on the list of ingredients
Oct 16, 2013
This has been a favorite for a few years now. I found it in the 2004 annual recipe book. I have tried it many ways, substituting ham, broccoli, zucchini, adding mushrooms, bell peppers, different cheeses. More eggs, less mayo. It always come out great and we love having leftovers.
Oct 2, 2013
This quiche baked to a golden brown and looked so pretty. It was delicious (and I just realized that I forgot to put the cheese on the bottom. )
May 30, 2013
OMGoodness, we *love* quiche. This has already become one of our favorites. YUM! J.
Jul 24, 2012
This was so good! I can't wait til I'm hungry again so I can eat my leftover slice :)
Mar 21, 2012
This is a GREAT recipe. I double the spinach and eggs, but other than that leave it the same.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.