When your garden is full of fresh veggies, this is the recipe to reach for. All you need is a salad and you have a terrific late-summer meal.—Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms in butter. Add the curry powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon; mix well. Spoon into crust.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the milk and cheese; mix well. Carefully pour over vegetables. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 230 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Vegetarian Quiche in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.