Chicken Taco Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
Makes2 quiches (6 servings each)
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 4 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and one envelope taco seasoning; spoon into pastry shells. Top with salsa and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, butter and remaining taco seasoning. Stir in chiles and olives. Pour over cheese.
- Cover edge of quiches loosely with foil; place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 33-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiches. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Place quiches on baking sheets; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 412 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2019
rubbish i like beef
Apr 16, 2018
This was so delicious!! I used ground chicken and it was awesome! I do agree with others to maybe cut the taco seasoning back a bit, so I will try it next time. I used fat free 1/2 & 1/2, and it was still very good. Can't wait to cook up the other one I froze for next week!
Sep 22, 2017
Hi Jeri,Pastry shells are preformed in a pan, you buy them from the freezer section of your local market. If you were using your own pastry dough, you'd place it in a pie dish before baking.Hope that helpsSusan StetzelRecipe Support SpecialistTaste of Home Magazine
Sep 17, 2017
I'm puzzled whether you put this pie crust in a baking dish. Do you place the crust in a pie place covered with foil and then bake?? No where in the recipe does it mention this? Maybe it is just assumed. We cooked the shells flat in the foil then placed in a glass pie plate. Hoping this was the right thing to do. No one mentioned this is any comments so I'm curious because the picture looks as if shaped in a pie plate??
Jun 21, 2017
Delicious. I halved the recipe and made just one quiche. I had made a similar recipe before but this one turned out a lot more flavorful. Hubby and I both enjoyed it. I used canned chicken for this recipe and one ounce of jalapenos instead of green chilies and a bit more salsa than the recipe called for. Also, I used milk instead of half and half cream and my taco seasoning was homemade. Turned out amazing. Really pleased with this recipe. I recommend it.
May 23, 2017
We loved this! Only thing I would do differently is to use a little less taco seasoning, felt like it was a bit grainy in texture. But the flavor was great, it wasn't overpowering or anything. Super simple and satisfying dinner.
Feb 19, 2014
Sep 10, 2013
Whole family really liked it.
May 30, 2013
I made this, however I cut the recipe in half making one quiche. I used chicken I had cooked in my slow-cooker with tomato paste and chili powder and cumin. I used less cheese and made a taco seasoning (salt free) which I found on this site. Very delicious warm, and found out today it is equally as good cold. I would eat this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Oh, and I just tossed all the taco season in with the chicken instead of using 1/2 in the egg mixture. Left out the olives and green chilies.
Jul 10, 2012
cherstad you may want to get a thermometer for your oven. Having grown up with quiche as a standard dish for the dinner table, and now having an adult child of my own having quiche as an often meal, I can tell you that there is no way it should have taken 80 minutes to cook, especially at 400! Your oven must be off. I have never had to bake a quiche for more than 45 minutes tops even at 350.