Beef Taco Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spread into a 9-in. greased pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk. Pour over the cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Apr 15, 2016
Classic taco taste and easy assemble! Made according to directions only replacing green peppers with a small can of green chilies. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner and reheats nicely in microwave. As a volunteer field editor with Taste of Home magazine, I enjoy recipes that use classic tastes that can be prepared quickly.
Nov 29, 2014
This recipe went together quickly and easily. It fed 4 adults easily. II would make this recipe again anytime!
Jun 11, 2014
Excellent flavor, easy to make, cooks up nicely and allow to rest a bit and slices great. I used mexican blend cheese. Fixed a tossed salad with it and put out the salsa and sour cream. Great taco taste and my family loved it!
Dec 5, 2009
I make this all the time, instead of onion and green pepper I use salsa to taste. I like medium but you can use whatever you like. I also, after it is done use more taco salsa, sauce, lettuce, sour cream etc. The same stuff I would use on any other taco. I always have the ingredients on hand and usually double the recipe and put it in a 9" x 13" pan. You just need to cook it a little longer. This is also a geat potluck dinner. It heats up really well in the microwave, too!