Bacon Vegetable Quiche
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms, broccoli and onion in oil until tender. Add spinach; cook until wilted.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables, cheddar cheese and bacon. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 375°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 384 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 21, 2019
The ingredients looked great, took a lot of prep, but I cooked it for an hour at 350 to get it to set, covered with foil the last 20 minutes or so. Puzzled
May 6, 2017
OMG, one of the best quiches I've ever had! It did take me quite awhile to make, and note to self for next time, cook up the bacon before preheating the oven since that took the longest. But I will definitely make it again, next time for company.
May 9, 2016
I made exactly as recipe was wrote, excellent! Will definitely make again.
Dec 21, 2015
I didn't put all the broccoli or the onion and added more bacon and cheese. But everybody loved it.
Nov 9, 2015
Excellent Quiche. I used goat cheese instead of feta because it's what I had. Worked out great. I made my own crust mixing the flour half wheat. I will definitely make again
Jun 9, 2013
This quiche was excellent! The flavor combinations were great. My honey very much enjoyed and wanted thirds. The only changes I made to this recipe was not including the broccoli and feta cheese and I substituted Italian mixed shredded cheese for the cheddar. It turned out so good.
Jun 3, 2013
great and versatile with subs. fun quiche1
Jun 3, 2013
absolutely love this quiche!! great for any meal or occasion. becoming a regular favorite in this household!! very good!!
Mar 19, 2013
Great recipe. I used basil instead of rosemary just because that's my preference. I do have to admit that I tend to destroy my kitchen every time I make this. It's so good, it's worth it.
Mar 13, 2013