Chili & Cheese Crustless Quiche
This filling Tex-Mex egg casserole is perfect for any meal of the day. I add a salad and dinner is on! —Gail Watkins, Norwalk, Califiornia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chiles
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili con carne
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream, optional
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, layer tortillas, whole green chiles, chili con carne and 1 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt, pepper and, if desired, pepper sauce until blended; pour into slow cooker. Top with chopped green chiles and tomatoes.
- Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 hours, sprinkling with remaining cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. If desired, top with sour cream.