Bacon Swiss Quiche
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside. In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream and juice. Stir in bacon, salt, pepper and green onions. Pour into pastry; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 739 calories, 60g fat (31g saturated fat), 359mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
May 6, 2017
It was very good, but I will try either no crust or a different crust.
Aug 19, 2016
Delicious, quick and easy, what could be better! I made everything up in the morning, covered it with foil and then baked it that evening. That worked out fine and we can't wait to have the leftovers for breakfast. I was really intrigued by the little bit of apple juice and I really think that added a lot to the flavor of the quiche.
Jul 21, 2016
I never made a quiche before this. I thought it would be hard but it was actually super easy. Next time I might try breakfast sausage or ham with it.
Nov 22, 2015
Tried this. It was light and fluffy with good flavor. It needs to cook longer than 45 minutes. My bacon sank to the bottom of the crust, not sure why as I even stirred the liquid to disperse while in the crust. Next time I will try to crumble the bacon even smaller and see if that helps.
Sep 1, 2015
I love bacon and I thought this was a good dish for breakfast-for-dinner.
May 31, 2014
This morning I made this quiche - First time ever making a quiche (and eating one too!)...it was delish! Both my husband and I ate until we couldn't eat any more :) I can't wait to try others!
Mar 21, 2014
Have to make this... by the way to the comment below... who the heck ever says "too much bacon?!?!?!" there's never too much bacon!
Jun 11, 2013
Excellent recipe..I omitted the onions a s lightened it up a bit wwith half milk half cream.
Apr 10, 2013
Pretty good, though I thought it had a bit too much bacon
Apr 8, 2013
This was oh-so-good. I served it for dinner. Love all of the yummy Swiss cheese. Mine was still a little underdone when I checked it at the end of suggested cooking time but I raised the temperature 5 degrees and cooked for 5 more minutes and it turned out perfect. I ate a leftover piece for breakfast this morning and it was just as good and did not get soggy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.