Roadside Diner Cheeseburger Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Optional garnishes: Mayonnaise, additional pickle relish, crumbled cooked bacon, and chopped onion and tomato
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges and set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, relish and bacon. Transfer to prepared crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, mustard, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 375° until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with optional ingredients as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 502 calories, 35g fat (19g saturated fat), 236mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Sep 2, 2019
This was surprisingly good! My husband liked it and he is not a fan of quiche.
Jul 13, 2019
This turned out great. The only change I would make is to cut the ground beef down to ½ a pound. I also did not use the hot sauce or bacon because I did not have those items and I used all 2% milk instead of cream. All of those things would be good though. I will definitely make this again.
Jul 9, 2019
Didn't care for this. Won't be making again.
Oct 19, 2018
This is absolutely amazing !!!!! My new favorite dish !!!! Your the sh**!!
Jul 26, 2017
Why can't we put these in our recipe box anymore? Is there a different way to do it?
Sep 7, 2016
This is an outstanding family dinner idea - my whole family loved it. I made the recipe without any changes and it was pretty perfect! The crispy, cheesy "crust" on top was amazing! Served this with a crisp, green salad and fruit. Wonderful! Will definitely make again ... and again!
Sep 1, 2016
My entire family LOVED this dish! I don't really like hamburger and don't cook with it very much but I will be making this many more times!
Apr 12, 2016
I can see why this was a contest winner! This was really great and now a keeper in my recipe file. Only change I made was to add some Montreal Steak Seasoning to my ground round while I was browning it. Very moist and tasty. I did put a tray under the pie pan to catch spillage.......but there wasn't any. Yes, the foil on crust last 15 minutes really kept the crust from over browning.
Mar 15, 2016
Very good.The only thing it needed to serve was ketchup!! I used a 9" pie plate and it was perfect. I used about 8 ounces of half and half that I had on hand and the rest skim milk, didn't seem to alter the result. I put a tray on the shelf below the pie plate in the oven and I think that caused the cheese to brown too much. There wasn't any spillage anyway, but next time i think I will put the pie plate on the tray just in case and see if that make a diffference or I could add some of the cheese into the quiche and top with the rest to incorporate it more.
Jul 7, 2015
our family loves it! I spread some mustard over the crust before filling, and its divine!