Beef and Cheddar Quiche
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Drain beef; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, onion, cornstarch, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If necessary, cover the edges of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 433 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Aug 30, 2017
I tried the quiche this evening and it was really tasty. I had to substitute flour for the cornstarch because I was out of stock on that item. I used colby jack and NY sharp cheese. I will use this recipe often when I need a quick meal.
Nov 29, 2015
This quiche was a hit at a recent gathering of friends. I used white cheddar (due to a severe allergy to Annatto, the food dye in yellow cheeses) and I added 1/2 cup of chopped tomato. The recipe is a keeper and I will definitely be making this again!
Jun 4, 2014
Very tasty, easy to put together. I added a can of green chilies to mine , and even my picky 6 year old ate it up.
Mar 23, 2014
Yum! So easy and yummy. Was a nice change from the usual sausage or bacon. Made it for a brunch and it was a big hit.
Aug 10, 2013
Added mushrooms because we like them and used biscuit on hand for bottom. We still love the recipe. Thanks
Jul 19, 2011
Have made it many times and it is always a hit with the whole family!
Dec 14, 2010
I added a chopped green pepper to add a little nutritional value.
Jan 27, 2010
I am a quiche fan; I love making it and DEFINITELY LOVE eating it! I have a version I make, but this was VERY good. I may even like this better than my own. My husband gave it a two thumbs up and we almost ate the entire pie in one sitting. There is only two small servings left. Very good. Thank you for the recipe! Next time I may have to make two pies so we can have some left over.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.