Try eggs and cheese at their best. Guests often remark that this crustless entree is so tall, light and fluffy. Even men who “don’t eat quiche” love it!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 7 large eggs
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, whipping cream, half-and-half, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, seasoning blend and basil; pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 449 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 524mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Three Cheese Crustless Quiche in Country June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.