Try eggs and cheese at their best. Guests often remark about how tall, light and fluffy this crustless entree is. You'll love it! —Judy Reagan, Hannibal, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 7 large eggs
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, whipping cream, half-and-half, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, seasoning blend and basil; pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled quiche in plastic and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 449 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 524mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Dec 11, 2018
So easy to make and yummy! We will probably add in some bacon though or sausage as it seems like it is missing something. That, or it needs a side to give that hefty feel.