Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 458 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 838mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 28, 2018
Great burger recipe! We love the kick of the chipotle and overall flavor. We used Pepper Jack Cheese and also topped with bacon. Delicious!
Oct 5, 2012
To suit our tastes, doubled the chipotles, topped with pepper jack and served on bun with lettuce, tomato and avocado slices. Delicious!
Apr 21, 2012
Very good burger
May 1, 2011
Yum! These went over really well here - and they were so quick and easy.
Jul 26, 2010
These were great! We did ours with ground buffalo and pepper jack. We could handle a bit spicier for our tastes, we know to adjust for more peppers next time.
May 17, 2010
Sooo good!!! Very moist and so flovorful!! I did pump up the chipotles because we like spicy, and used pepper jack cheese because mozzarella did not sound right! but even my picky eater loved them!
Feb 6, 2010
Loved them! If you took a bite with the pepper they can some kick to them. Too spicy for my little ones, but my husband and oldest son liked them. Nice change from regular cheeseburgers.
Jan 22, 2010
This was ok, but I wouldn't make it again as is. It needed more flavor.