Jalapeno Swiss Burgers
Mexican culture greatly influences our cuisine, and we eat a lot of spicy foods. In this recipe, the mellow flavor of Swiss cheese cuts the heat of the jalapenos.—Jeanine Richardson, Floresville, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and ketchup, optional
- Shape beef into eight thin patties. Top four patties with cheese, onion and jalapenos. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. If desired, serve with toppings.