Jalapeno Swiss Burgers
Mexican culture greatly influences our cuisine, and we eat a lot of spicy foods. In this recipe, the mellow flavor of Swiss cheese cuts the heat of the jalapenos.—Jeanine Richardson, Floresville, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and ketchup, optional
- Shape beef into eight thin patties. Top four patties with cheese, onion and jalapenos. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. If desired, serve with toppings.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 665 calories, 37g fat (16g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 55g protein.
Originally published as Jalapeno Swiss Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips