Instead of topping my burgers with cheese, I like to shred it and mix it into the meat when shaping the patties. This way, I'm sure to get a little cheesy goodness in every bite. —Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices and mayonnaise, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, 2 tablespoons chili sauce and chili powder. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with remaining chili sauce and, if desired, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without lettuce and tomato): 404 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jan 16, 2014
Have made this recipe for a while now. Wife and her sister love it. I tone down the chili sauce and powder so our son can eat it. The cheese mixed in creates a nice flavor.