Cheddar Chili Burgers
Big, bold chili and french-fried onions are a fun alternative to the classic burger fixings of ketchup and mustard. The patties are easy to assemble, making this a great weeknight sandwich. —Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine beef and chili powder. Shape into four patties. Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Place burgers on bun bottoms; top with chili, cheese and onions. Replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 584 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Chili Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips