Spicy Cajun Salsa Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on rolls.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 23, 2013
I personally don't eat meat, but my husband and mother-in-law do so I made these for them. They both liked them quite a bit.
Jul 7, 2013
Jun 25, 2013
Recipe was just OK for me. It made me think "spicy meatloaf", which is not what I want in a burger.
Jul 13, 2012
Very good and incredibly moist! I also added 1/3 cup crumbled bacon and 1 tsp chipotle pepper in adobo to give it a more spicy and smokey flavor. Yum!
Jul 11, 2012
These were really good and moist. Hubby liked them too!