Spicy Cajun Salsa Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on rolls.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 23, 2013
I personally don't eat meat, but my husband and mother-in-law do so I made these for them. They both liked them quite a bit.
Jul 7, 2013
Jun 25, 2013
Recipe was just OK for me. It made me think "spicy meatloaf", which is not what I want in a burger.
Jul 13, 2012
Very good and incredibly moist! I also added 1/3 cup crumbled bacon and 1 tsp chipotle pepper in adobo to give it a more spicy and smokey flavor. Yum!
Jul 11, 2012
These were really good and moist. Hubby liked them too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.