Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; heat just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and, if desired, salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 418 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Sep 6, 2019
I made these tonight for dinner and everyone really enjoyed them, great change of pace from your everyday burgers! We added salsa and a smear of sour cream on the bun. Will definitely be making again!
Jun 5, 2019
Love Love Love taco burgers. They do get messy if you make them with chopped taco meat. This is a great art solution. The only thing I'd add is mustard(I know it sounds gross) like my favorite taco burger spot. Taco Tia YUM!!! No salsa, the taco spice is all we can handle. Yah, we're gringos. ;~)
May 24, 2019
Linda you knocked this out of the park!!!! This was five stars all the way! My husband and two kids loved it they are 2 and 11 so hats off to you for making a simple and delicious meal that has easy ingredients to find! This for sure going to be a staple in my home.
May 14, 2019
these were a nice change from a regular burger. They are packed full of flavor. I will be making these a lot more in the future. Highly recommend.
Jul 8, 2015
Really liked it!!!
May 22, 2014
Nice change from the traditional burger :)
Jul 17, 2013
This tasty burger was a hit with the kids! I served mine with salsa verde, tomato and light sour cream.
Apr 24, 2013
Jan 9, 2013
We really enjoyed these. I used ground turkey and grilled them. Delicious!
Aug 2, 2012
Too much taco mix flavor (maybe use 2 lbs meat?) Too dry.