Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and, if desired, salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 418 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2015
Really liked it!!!
May 22, 2014
Nice change from the traditional burger :)
Jul 17, 2013
This tasty burger was a hit with the kids! I served mine with salsa verde, tomato and light sour cream.
Apr 24, 2013
Jan 9, 2013
We really enjoyed these. I used ground turkey and grilled them. Delicious!
Aug 2, 2012
Too much taco mix flavor (maybe use 2 lbs meat?) Too dry.
Jun 18, 2012
Awesome burgers instead of tacos. I added a squirt of Ketchup too and used GF chips.
Jun 14, 2012
The family loved these! We served them with guacamole, sour cream and salsa for toppings.
Jul 29, 2011
I thought this would be a great meal to please everyone and it really was. I mix everything inside a ziptop bag, kneading from the outside to keep my hands clean, and I love my burger presses. I had no cheddar cheese on hand, so I used American on theirs. On mine, I used a dollop of salsa and sour cream. Such a nice change from plain burgers and definitely something I'd make again!
Aug 17, 2010
this recipe was fantastic. my family loves mexican food and anything taco flavored. these burgers were super simple to make and really do taste like tacos. i did add salso to the top of the burger before eating just to give more of a taco feel. i will definitely be making these again.