Chili Cheddar Biscuits
Chili powder lends a little kick to these flaky, buttery biscuits. "I like to serve them with steaming bowls of chili or hearty beef soup," writes Kim Marie Van Rheenen of Mendota, Illinois.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Add cheese.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chili Cheddar Biscuits in Taste of Home December/January 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.