Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion; saute until tender. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion mixture. In another bowl. whisk eggs and milk. Stir into biscuit mixture just until combined. Fold in zucchini and cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 148 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 12, 2016
I cut this recipe in half. Adding the zucchini makes the biscuits so moist. I kept the leftovers in the refrigerator and served them warm the next day with melted cheese in the middle. Thank you Jean for sharing this recipe.
Aug 20, 2014
I made these tonight with dinner, very simple and easy. Meant to add minced garlic, but still very very good. My picky husband even liked them. Amazing that they are made with zucchini. You wouldn't know it if I didn't tell him. Have a garden and always looking for recipes for zucchini. Will make again!!!!
Aug 11, 2012
I also add one clove of garlic and saute with the onion & butter. They remind me of the Cheddar Biscuits from Red Lobster!! We grow, shred, and freeze our own Zucchini then we can eat these biscuits all winter long!