Zucchini & Cheese Drop Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 10 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Squeeze zucchini to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and remaining salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in zucchini, cheeses, tomatoes and basil. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by scant 1/3 cupfuls into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 205 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 13, 2016
These are fabulous! I tasted them right after I made them, then ate 4 of them. I'll be making these a lot!
Nov 4, 2015
I have made these biscuits multiple times for a variety of occasions. Each time they are received very well. They are a part of breakfasts buffet and with soups. I make them smaller than the recipe calls for, so the recipe makes closer to 2 dozen or more. I recommend these whole heartedly.
Aug 18, 2015
love these they are so moist and tasty.
Mar 16, 2015
I absolutely love these biscuits! They are delicious served with Creamy White Chili. Perfection on a plate.
Oct 7, 2014
Apr 11, 2014
These are delightful---something different for a change. I brought them to a function and everyone wanted the recipe. They are at their best fresh out of the oven but still good the next day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.