Zucchini & Cheese Drop Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand 10 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Squeeze zucchini to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and remaining salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in zucchini, cheeses, tomatoes and basil. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by scant 1/3 cupfuls into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until golden brown, 22-26 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 205 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 19, 2019
Excellent ! I put everything but the zucchini and milk together ahead of time and set the bowl in a cool place. It took a minute to throw it all together when l was ready. They looked beautiful and they were excellent cold the following day. I will make these again. Janet VFE
Aug 13, 2016
These are fabulous! I tasted them right after I made them, then ate 4 of them. I'll be making these a lot!
Nov 4, 2015
I have made these biscuits multiple times for a variety of occasions. Each time they are received very well. They are a part of breakfasts buffet and with soups. I make them smaller than the recipe calls for, so the recipe makes closer to 2 dozen or more. I recommend these whole heartedly.
Aug 18, 2015
love these they are so moist and tasty.
Mar 16, 2015
I absolutely love these biscuits! They are delicious served with Creamy White Chili. Perfection on a plate.
Oct 7, 2014
Apr 11, 2014
These are delightful---something different for a change. I brought them to a function and everyone wanted the recipe. They are at their best fresh out of the oven but still good the next day.