Prosciutto & Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, melted butter and chives; mix just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and green onions; cook until prosciutto begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter until melted. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese; remove from heat.
- Split warm biscuits in half. Fill with egg mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 389 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 969mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 30, 2014
My family LOVES these! They really impress and are so simple to make.
Apr 20, 2014
Very easy and a nice change from the typical egg mcmuffin.
Apr 8, 2014
I loved how simple these were to prepare!