Sour Cream & Cheddar Biscuits
Here's my go-to recipe for biscuits. Brushing them with the garlic-butter topping before baking seals the deal! —Amy Martin, Vancouver, WA
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cheese. Add milk and sour cream; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Mix topping ingredients; brush over tops. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 206 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.