Apricot Cream Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and orange zest. Stir in cream just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1-1/4-in.-wide and 1/4-in.-deep indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- In a small bowl, beat apricot preserves and cream cheese until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each biscuit. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 218 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 29, 2016
Yum are these good. Golden brown and with the orange peel and apricot jam-soooo tasty. I will definitely be making these again.
Dec 27, 2011
I made these for Christmas. They were super easy and turned out very yummy. I will definitely make these again.