Cheese & Garlic Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, garlic powder and salad dressing mix. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 81 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 28, 2018
I usually do not like biscuits but I love this recipe; they are delicious. These biscuits are quick and very easy to make since they are drop biscuits. I use dried chives and add them to the biscuit batter as well as the basting butter sauce. I make my biscuits large so there is a greater batter to butter ratio. I think that balances the taste better because the butter is very rich and the ranch mix can be salty. My husband cannot eat enough of these when I make them.
Apr 16, 2018
These were nasty!!! The ranch dressing mix made them too strong. I tasted the dough before I made the butter mixture and decided to not add the ranch dressing into the butter or they would have been totally ineatable. Did not like the addtion of pepper either. Will not make them again.
Dec 29, 2017
These were easy to make and delicious... I made them larger and only had a dozen biscuits... They would be bite size if you made 2 1/2 dozen. They didn't seem to take any longer to bake even though I made them much larger.
Nov 23, 2017
These are amazing!!!!! Thank you!!!!
Apr 11, 2017
Aug 24, 2013
Very nice biscuits! Light and bursting with flavor! I halved the recipe, because I don't need 30 of anything, but I made them a little larger, so I came away with a dozen. It was a little hard to actually pick up the chives on the brush for the topping, so I just sprinkled chives over the tops after brushing on the topping. That worked just fine. These will definitely be making a repeat performance on my dinner table!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.