Easy Cheesy Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, garlic and pepper flakes. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 237 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 16, 2017
Easy, taste great. I used whole milk and omitted the crushed red pepper flakes.
Jan 14, 2017
These were fantastic! I have a picky eater that loved them!
Aug 22, 2016
These were good, but I expected a little more cheese flavor. Everyone did enjoy them, though. I left out the red pepper flakes, so maybe next time I will add them.
Aug 22, 2016
These biscuits were delicious. It even works with gluten free flour. They are just a little more dense.
Mar 20, 2016
Love these quick and tasty biscuits. They were very large, so next time I will make them a little smaller and decrease the baking time. The garlic flavor was just enough and the red pepper flakes did not make them "hot"... but only a slight taste of heat on occasional bites. This was good for my family.
Jan 20, 2016
Great to make in a pinch!
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks, Christina, for sharing this delicious recipe. I cut the recipe in half and we enjoyed the biscuits last night.
Nov 10, 2015
As the author of this recipe says, I also don't enjoy the rolling that usually comes with homemade biscuits. This is a very tasty and easy drop biscuit recipe. They rise up nice and fluffy. I also loved the garlic component of them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.