Easy Cheesy Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, garlic and pepper flakes. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 237 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2017
Easy, taste great. I used whole milk and omitted the crushed red pepper flakes.
Jan 14, 2017
These were fantastic! I have a picky eater that loved them!
Aug 22, 2016
These were good, but I expected a little more cheese flavor. Everyone did enjoy them, though. I left out the red pepper flakes, so maybe next time I will add them.
Aug 22, 2016
These biscuits were delicious. It even works with gluten free flour. They are just a little more dense.
Mar 20, 2016
Love these quick and tasty biscuits. They were very large, so next time I will make them a little smaller and decrease the baking time. The garlic flavor was just enough and the red pepper flakes did not make them "hot"... but only a slight taste of heat on occasional bites. This was good for my family.
Jan 20, 2016
Great to make in a pinch!
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks, Christina, for sharing this delicious recipe. I cut the recipe in half and we enjoyed the biscuits last night.
Nov 10, 2015
As the author of this recipe says, I also don't enjoy the rolling that usually comes with homemade biscuits. This is a very tasty and easy drop biscuit recipe. They rise up nice and fluffy. I also loved the garlic component of them!