Whip up this buttery, easy biscuit recipe to serve with breakfast or dinner. The dough is very simple to work with, so there's no need to roll with a rolling pin; just pat to the right thickness. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 153 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.