Biscuits with Turkey Sausage Gravy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in sausage; heat through. Place two biscuits on each serving plate; top with gravy.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 738 calories, 42g fat (14g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 2083mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 25, 2011
Great Recipe!! I make a few minor adjustments. I use Jennie O ground breakfast turkey sausage. I use 2 tbls of butter and 2 heaping tbls of flour. I also use 2 percent milk but I use 2 cups instead of 2.5. Turns out perfect everytime!
Jan 29, 2008
DDIL made this for supper last night and it is the best I have ever tasted. Thanks Viny
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.