Biscuits and Beans
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, onion and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 472 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1542mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2014
For an easy supper, this is a good choice. I also used a larger amount of baked beans. Also, next time I will butter the biscuits before baking them, and wait to sprinkle the cheese on them until done and let it melt. The cheese got a little too brown, even burnt, putting it on before baking.
Nov 21, 2011
Very easy and tastey.
Nov 21, 2011
This was very easy to make, the only thing I did different was use a 30 oz can of Pork & Beans.