Ham & Green Onion Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ham and green onions. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 151 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 1, 2016
I made these for breakfast for my husband. He loved them, he said to make sure I cut out the recipe and use it often. They are very quick and easy to make. Crisp on the outside and tender and moist in the inside. I used skim milk and out of the two cups of flour did substitute out a half cup for whole wheat pastry flour. I will most certainly make again.