Ham & Green Onion Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ham and green onions. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 151 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 1, 2016
I made these for breakfast for my husband. He loved them, he said to make sure I cut out the recipe and use it often. They are very quick and easy to make. Crisp on the outside and tender and moist in the inside. I used skim milk and out of the two cups of flour did substitute out a half cup for whole wheat pastry flour. I will most certainly make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.