Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and milk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 3, 2016
They are great! Had someone ask for the recipe once she tried them.
Mar 16, 2014
Love these ! A little sweet, but not as sweet as a cookie, but rich and crumbly. I used butter as my shortening - yum.
Jan 1, 2010
These biscuits were great! They were sweet like a cookie but flaky like a biscuit. My family loved them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.